That way, when I have some photos to share, they will not be overwhelmed with the red-white-dotted background...although I love red polkadot fabric!
I have not been making much these past few months that I can share now, I made woolen mittens and socks for my two-year-old and tried a new quilting method, at least new for me, and made a table-topper. I also made a dress for my 12 year old girl. I'll have to take some pictures to share, but not now because I'm not at home...
Remember my To-Do list from my last post? Which was for ever ago... :
- An Apron that my mother got me fabric for a few weeks ago. I just got the matching thread yesterday, so it's all set :D Still not finished...
- Pyjamas for my baby boy (Mr.T) from a fabric that my mom found in her stash, she bought it over 20 years ago to make something for my brother and it's really nice, green with bunnies and purple toadstools. Not even started...he got a few pairs of pyjamas for his 2nd birthday and for christmas.
- Woolen socks for Mr. T for winter. Check, as well as a pair of matching mittens :)
- A baby cap from Debbie Bliss Silk yarn...mmmm...A few of my friends are expecting and I would like to make silk baby caps for their babies :) Not started and all the babies born...I think I'll just make this one for my girl that I'm expecting in June :)
- Ohh, and I really would like to make a Cathedral Window Quilt since I found this great tutorial. I'm planning on starting out with a pencil case or a pillow cover and see if I like doing it before I make a whole throw. This has been put lower on the list as I've added other items to it that I wish to finish sooner:
- I still have to finish the Quilt I started at the Reykjanes sewing weekend. I finally finished handsewing the flowers on it, so now I just need to sew the borders on and quilt it.
- I just bought yarn for a beautiful set to knit for the girl I am expecting (yes, it's a girl and I'm so excited)
- I also want to make a case for my knitting needles to have them all organized.
However, I suspect that I will get distracted by all the amazing projects from
As a mother of a 2 year old boy I must say I LOVE it!!! Why aren't there more hours in each day that can be used only for sewing or knitting?!?!?!
Go check it out: