Thursday, September 23, 2010


I had almost given up on Quilting because I have never been able to free-motion quilt with my machine, and that is something that I really want to try.I have followed every instructions and tips I have found, both online and with the sewing machnie manual but it always turned out tangled on the back side like this:
Today I was trying once again; cleaned my machine, changed the needle, put in the darning foot according to the instructions, but down the feed dogs, switched the stitch length to 0 and started, but no matter what tension I used, it always turned out like the above picture :( So I decided to take the machine to the repair shop to check if there was something wrong with it that was causing this. The repairman checked it out and it took him less than a minute to figure out what was wrong. The foot was supposed to be in the middle position...and it didn't say so in the instructions!

I am so happy to finally have this working, so now I can start practicing free motion quilting.
This is my first test:
I wrote on it how my sewing machine was set for this to work, and then I am going to keep it so that I won't forget how to do this :D

I haven't posted here for 7 months now and not even looked at other blogs since my baby girl was born on June 17th...but I think I'm back on track :)
Here's a picture of my sweet baby girl when she was 4 days old:

No comments:

Post a Comment