This is my first attempt at free-motion machine quilting:
It is one of five flowers in a Christmas tablecloth I made two years ago, but I never finished it because I wasn't sure how to quilt it. Now I have been teaching myself how to machine quilt and I decided to stitch in the ditch. It was really hard, until I got myself a pair of quilting gloves.
These seams have all been removed now because I was sewing too small stitches, very often went out of the "ditch" and I do not like this multicolored thread on this piece since the white on the red background and the dark on the light background makes it look sloppy.
I will show you the final quilted tabletopper when it is finished :)
Marian Cowl for Natalie
1 day ago